Position Responsibilities: Northland Community and Technical College seeks a full-time unlimited Administrative Specialist to assist Northland's National Center for Autonomous Technologies staff and faculty in the daily operations of NSF grant work.
1. Coordinate meetings, travel, and conferences for NCAT team and NCAT supported participants a. Record and distribute NCAT and DroneTECH meeting minutes. b. Coordination of all NCAT related meetings and facilities scheduling. c. Arrange catering for events and/or meetings both on and off campus. d. Facilitate travel arrangements including hotel, flight, rental car arrangements. e. Assist in coordination of NCAT related workshops, camps, and events. f. Complete vendor and event registration for conferences, workshops, meetings. g. Reserve exhibit space and compile/prepare materials for conferences/workshops. h. Assist NCAT team in the preparation & development of agendas and other meeting materials. i. Support NCAT functions such as advisory and committees by coordinating meetings and taking minutes. j. Monitor inbox for NCAT email. k. Maintain/update event tracking spreadsheet and collaborative tools and calendar. l. Run reports through rSchoolToday to track course rosters and NSF participant information for workshops and camps. m. Serve as point of contact for NCAT members and the Northland Business Office for purchasing, contracts, and related activities. n. Perform general office duties and other duties as assigned.
2. Assist with marketing efforts and support for NCAT E&I Communications Director a. Assist in the management of website content, industry news, events, and resources. b. Assist in the development and management of social media content based on strategic plan/guidelines set by Communications Director. c. Compile social media insights for reporting. d. Research and order swag items for conferences and event distribution. e. Assist in production and distribution of NCAT event/workshop flyers to distribution lists and media contacts. f. Proofread and double check content as it is developed.
3. Manage NCAT survey data for reporting. a. Assist in the creation and support of survey templates in accordance with the NCAT brand style guidelines. b. Distribute surveys within the NCAT team, partners, workshop/camp participants and others. c. Gather and compile survey results and distribute to team and evaluators for reporting.
4. Assist with day to day operations at the aerospace site to ensure efficient functioning and effective customer service. a. Organize and provide guided tours of the campus facility. b. Answer airport site telephone and provide prospective students with answers to inquiries regarding Northland programs and services. c. Assist visitors and/or students by answering their questions or referring them to the appropriate department. d. Other duties as assigned.
5. Coordinate and oversee functions of the testing center ensuring compliance and efficient service. a. Must maintain status as an authorized Testing Administrator. b. Pass all exams to obtain authorization and pass any recurrent exams, as required by testing centers to remain current to back up primary administrators. c. Administer appropriate tests to candidates. d. Monitor the testing session and provide assistance as necessary. e. Collect, emboss and stamp score reports. f. Support test proctoring as required.
Word processing sufficient to use software to create, format, edit, print, and save a variety of documents.
Computer software applications to create spreadsheets from a variety of sources and compile lists and spreadsheets
Customer service sufficient to identify customer's needs and effectively respond to those needs with tact and diplomacy in all situations.
Database management to sufficiently collect, compile, maintain, and present data from multiple databases
Ability to understand written and spoken English sufficient to conduct telephone conversations, make short speeches/presentations, contribute during planning sessions.
Use customer service skills on the phone, in person, and online to provide effective support to customers.
Word Processing – Standard
Typing – 40 wpm
Customer Service Skills
Spreadsheets – Standard
At Northland Community and Technical College, we have a GREATBENEFITSPACKAGE! Our generous benefits include sick leave, personal leave, Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
Desired Start Date: 07/05/2021
Internal Number: 1536
About Northland Community & Technical College
Northland Community & Technical College is dedicated to creating a quality learning environment for all learners through partnerships with students, communities, businesses, and other educational institutions. Northland is a comprehensive college, offering many state-of-the-art, nationally-renowned technical programs designed for those looking to quickly join the work force. Northland also has a liberal arts college program which offers students the first two years of a bachelor's degree.