The MN-GEMS Specialist provides management, oversight, and administration of reporting and business process user support for the Sponsored Projects Administration’s MN-GEMS system that supports a significant part of the research administration process at the University of Minnesota.
1. Data Reporting and Analysis (50%)
• Serve as reporting subject matter expert for SPA and departments. • Helps troubleshoot any reporting or functionality issues and escalate technical issues and collaborate closely with ORIS to resolve issues and coordinate system changes. • Develop business-side, system-native reporting expertise needed to support SPA operations. • Generate reports and analyze data for internal and external reporting out of the MN-GEMS system. • Generate reports and analyze data on various sponsored projects activities for colleges & department heads. • Responsible for internal and external complex data analysis requests ensuring data accuracy, withdrawing conclusions, and developing presentation materials. • Change management- responsible for initiating/designing/facilitating/coordinating the business-side of changes to the MN-GEMS system (e.g. system changes, fixes, updates, upgrades).
2. MN-GEMS Helpdesk Support (30%)
• The MN-GEMS specialist will respond to business specific questions about the MN-GEMS system. • Track and provide suggested improvements to proposal and award data and workflow processes resulting from helpdesk feedback.
3. Documentation Management (20%)
• Receive, record, and track MN-GEMS workflow documentation. • Work closely with all parties to keep documents updated.
• Bachelor’s degree. • Two years of work experience in the area of business or systems process analysis with a related degree. Four years of work experience in the areas of business or system process analysis with a non-related degree. • Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010. • Experience leading, facilitating, and successfully finishing assigned projects on time. • Ability to be both individual contributor and work collaboratively as part of a team. • Proven ability to prioritize workload and organizational skills. • Ability to multi-task successfully.
Internal Number: 340660
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.