The Department of Neurology at the University of Minnesota Medical School and UMPhysicians is recruiting a full-time neuro-hospitalist to provide clinical neurology services. This is a hospital clinical-based position which will provide inpatient clinical neurology services at the University of Minnesota Medical Center and associated MHealth Fairview community hospitals. Call coverage will include days, evenings and weekends and will be shared with a team of neuro-hospitalists and clinical neurology providers. This position will actively participate in the teaching and supervision of medical students and residents at the University of Minnesota. This position provides the opportunity to collaborate with innovative neuroscience physicians and researchers.
This position will be annually-appointed on the Master Clinician Track at a faculty rank that commiserates with years of experience and education. Scholarly academic activities will focus on teaching, quality improvement and care model optimization. There is opportunity to develop, lead and integrate a neurohospitalist fellowship within the MHealth Fairview community hospitals.
· Graduate of an accredited Neurology residency training program and Board Certified or Board Prepared with the American Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association
· Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure
· Ability to obtain and / or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota
· Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
· Excellent teaching and interpersonal skills
· Neurohospital fellowship training not required
Internal Number: 321071
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.