Research Support - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
1) Initiate new clinical trials, coordinate the enrollment of eligible patients, manage and coordinate research subject's participation, perform patient evaluations, extract and report quality patient data and samples, and respond to data queries. (30%)
2) Administer research study activities such as running fMRI, EEG, and non-invasive brain stimulation studies. Candidate will be trained in these modalities. (30%)
3) Act as information resource to University faculty and staff for protocol specific queries, including enrollment requirements, data acquisition, participant coordination, etc. (20%)
4) Maintain subject research charts, organization of data, ordering lab supplies, and general laboratory maintenance. (10%)
5) Communication with the IRB, SPA, sponsoring agencies, principal investigator(s), other service providers, subjects, families, and research team members. (10%)
All required qualifications must be documented on application materials.
Required Qualifications: - BA/BS or a combination of related education and work experience to equal 4 years. - Experience with administering research study activities with human subjects or patients (examples such as fMRI, EEG, non-invasive brain stimulation studies, etc) - Ability to follow strict research protocols with utmost ethical standards. - Experience with Office Suite, Google Apps, and web-based systems for tracking activities, calendaring, and retrieving/updating information. - Possess excellent communication skills; verbal and written - Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
Preferred Qualifications: -Familiarity with clinical research at the University of Minnesota, University of Minnesota Medical Center Fairview hospital and clinics, and Veterans Administration Health Care System -EPIC familiarity. -Medical terminology knowledge. -Background in neurosciences. -Experience in the preparation of IRB applications and study-related documentation. -Experience interviewing and documenting study data appropriately. -Knowledge of informed consent process and adverse event reporting.
Internal Number: 334795
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.