The Department of Work and Organizations in the Carlson School of Management, at the University of Minnesota, occasionally needs a qualified instructor to teach different courses during the day, evening or weekend within the department. These openings occur on an as-needed basis and will usually be temporary, part-time, partial-semester or semester-long appointments. Appointments are not guaranteed renewal, but may be renewable based on need, funding, and performance. The work will include teaching and/or grading, assisting the students, and holding office hours.
- Develop and teach courses in Management, Human Resources, Labor Relations, and other related subjects
- Advise students with regard to academic concerns and school-related organizations
- May provide service related teaching duties
- Participate in the decisions relating to the policies, courses and programs in which there is involvement
- Continue personal growth within the profession, keep current with the field and broaden knowledge and expertise
Lecturer: Terminal degree or Master's degree plus 5 years of related industry and/or academic experience.
Senior Lecturer: Terminal degree plus 10 years of related industry and/or academic experience, or Master's degree plus 15 years of related industry and/or academic experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous college-level teaching experience is preferred at all levels.
Internal Number: 332097
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.