U Market & Printing Services is a department within Auxiliary Services that provides four important functions for the University of Minnesota: eProcurement, Logistics, Materials Management and Printing. Each of these essential functions utilizes technology to leverage efficient business processes and to support the University mission. This position analyzes business process needs with respect to strategic directions to determine optimal technological solutions. This position is responsible for the management of resources and timelines to deliver and support U-wide procurement related solutions, and for the successful integration of technology for eProcurement, Logistics, Materials Management and Print. In addition, this position will provide business and technological analysis, development and support for all sub-systems and processes that feed into the four primary functions. In this role, the position must be able to understand, articulate and integrate the needs and goals of the customers served. The position reports to the Director of U Market & Printing Services.
• Serve as a business process and technical liaison for U Market & Printing Services and Auxiliary Services IS (ASIS), facilitating communication and collaboration between all internal and external providers, stakeholders and customers. • Lead the positioning and evolution of systems and related business processes aligned with the strategic direction and needs of the University, U Market & Printing Services, ASIS and the customers served. • Lead U Market & Printing Services projects by effectively integrating strategy, tactical, budgetary, and human resources dimensions. • Coordinate the integration of systems and central university systems to and from which data is traded. • Maintain responsibility for systems compliance with all applicable and relevant security and data integrity requirements. • Create and ensure the development and maintenance of comprehensive documentation and technical specifications. • Develop and maintain an effective reporting and business intelligence environment by meeting and anticipating the needs of all stakeholders. • Develop, coordinate and deploy systems training and process support. • Contribute to University-wide and inter-departmental business and systems technology initiatives. • Manage Business Analyst 2 responsibilities, projects and process documentation. Essential Functions of the Position
• This position has primary responsibility to design, develop and evolve systems and processes to meet the needs of all stakeholders served. • This position provides operational functions of project management, process and systems analysis, training and systems compliance. • This position provides support for all systems, subsystems and interfaces critical to all stakeholders’ business process needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional communication and project management skills • Expert level experience with organizational wide financial systems • Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems • Advanced knowledge of computer applications, databases, network security and Microsoft office suite • Understanding of infrastructure/network technologies • Understanding of inventory management systems
Work is performed primarily in an office setting but work in all campus and system campuses is often necessary.
Salary: $75,000 - $80,000
• Bachelor’s degree • Four years of closely related work experience in planning, implementing and managing large IT systems or in business process analysis with a related degree. Six years of related work experience in planning, implementing and managing large IT systems or in business process analysis with a non-related degree. • Project Management experience with successful large systems implementations • Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally • Ability to work effectively with staff, faculty and administration at all organizational levels • Highly developed organizational skills and the ability to work independently • Three years supervisory/management experience • Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse and collaborative work environment
• Previous work experience in a large Higher Ed and research environment • Experience managing and providing support for an enterprise wide eProcurement system • Two years coursework in Management Information Systems (MIS) • Experience with Linux • Experience with Tririga inventory modules
Internal Number: 331447
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.