1. Deliver direct patient care as expected by the Oral and Maxillofacial Division.
2. Provide dental related information to potential or current patients.
3. Possess strong working knowledge of medications used in clinic and prepare as needed.
4. Provide assistance to dental students, residents, and faculty with services rendered to patients. This includes assisting with consults. Post operatives, laboratory x-ray procedures and surgeries involving local anesthesia, nitrous oxide administration, IV sedation and general anesthesia, developing and mounting radiographs.
5. Provide care to patients in recovery following IV sedation and general anesthesia
6. Remove suture & dressings as required.
7. Prepare operatories
8. Assume responsibilities of understanding emergency procedures and operation of emergency equipment.
9. Prepare and sterilize instruments.
10. Provide chair-side Dental Assisting during a variety of procedures
11. Stock supplies to operatories or other areas as needed
12. Assist or be present in the acknowledgement of counting of materials, sedation products, or other items as directed
13. Order Supplies as directed
14. Other essential duties as assigned
This position will work in all areas of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery including faculty practice, resident clinics and undergraduate clinics as assigned.
This position may have a varied schedule which will be determined by the supervisor and the area. The schedule will change and fluctuate as needed for clinic duties, proper notice for schedule changes will be given. A typical schedule may be 7:45-4:30, but may start earlier and end later as needed by the clinic. Some overtime may be required in this position to provide proper patient care.
Hourly Salary Range: $19.16 to $24.83 USD/hour
All required qualifications must be documented on application materials.
Graduate of an accredited dental assisting program
Current DANB certification*
Current Minnesota Dental Assistant License
AAOMS (American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons) certification or DAANCE certification **
Nitrous Oxide Certified
Must have Minnesota State Board of Dentistry approved Intravenous Clinical Sedation Certification**
Experience working with a diverse patient base
Two (2) years experience in an Oral Surgery dental office or clinic.
Works well in a team as well as alone and is able to work in a fast paced environment
* Trainee option available. Must obtain DANB within 4 months of hire date. Any costs associated with this are not paid for by employer.
** Trainee option available. Must obtain all of these less than 6 months after start date, specific obtain date will be stated in offer letter. Any costs associated with this are not paid for by employer.
SELECTION CRITERIA/ PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
More than 2 years of experience in an Oral Surgery Dental Clinic
Internal Number: 323530
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.