Job duties and responsibilities include teaching courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels such as Field Seminar, Social Work with Diverse Populations, Advanced Practice in Mental Health, Health in the American Indian Community, American Indians and Social Policy, Dynamics of American Indian Families, as well as American Indian Social Work Practice Issues.
The UMD Department of Social Work seeks to add to its pool of temporary instructors available to teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate level such as Field Seminar, Social Work with Diverse Populations, Advanced Practice in Mental Health, Health in the American Indian Community, American Indians and Social Policy, Dynamics of American Indian Families, as well as American Indian Social Work Practice Issues. Fall Term is August 20th to January 2nd, 2019. Spring Term is January 3rd to May 19th, 2019. Term contracts only. Note: Being a member of the pool does not ensure a contract will be offered; course offerings, and therefore teaching appointments, vary with demand and are subject to funding.
1) A Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
2) Excellent written communication skills.
3) Valid Minnesota social work license or verification of eligibility for licensure by the Minnesota Board of Social Work.
1) Two years post-MSW practice experience (required for practice courses).
2) Social work practice experience in specific courses assigned to teach.
3) Experience working with students and/or social work clients from diverse backgrounds.
4) Prior experience in working with American Indian people and communities.
5) Evidence of effective academic classroom teaching or professional training experience.
6) Demonstrated skills related to the development and implementation of on-line courses.
7) Evidence of effective communication skills necessary for a faculty position.
8) Ability to contribute to fostering diversity across campus, the social work curriculum, and the social work department.
Internal Number: 324724
About University of Minnesota, Duluth
The University of Minnesota Duluth integrates liberal education, research, creative activity, and public engagement and prepares students to thrive as lifelong learners and globally engaged citizens.